Friday, November 13, 2009

Assalam Alaikum

In the Name of Allah, The Most Kind The Most Merciful

Assalam Alaikum, and thank you for stopping by! Over the years, I have made a lot of contacts in real life and over the web. These days, it's hard to keep up with everybody. With that in mind, I have decided to create a 'presence' by starting this blog. I will be posting various thoughts, rants, interesting links, all with the purposes of (a) staying in touch with all of you, and (b) trying to make myself, and those who read my blog, get closer to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. I encourage all of you to leave comments, I'd love to read what you think! So I'm going to start a hadith with one of my favorite aspects of Islam, the importance of simply meeting each other for the sake of Allah SWT.

Abu Idris Al-Khaulani (May Allah had mercy upon him) reported: I once entered the mosque in Damascus. I happened to catch sight of a young man who had bright teeth (i.e., he was always seen smiling). A number of people had gathered around him. When they differed over anything they would refer it to him and act upon his advice. I asked who he was and I was told that he was Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) The next day I hastened to the mosque, but found that he had arrived before me and was busy in performing Salat. I waited until he finished, and then went to him from the front, greeted him with Salam and said to him, "By Allah I love you.'' He asked, "For the sake of Allah?'' I replied, "Yes, for the sake of Allah". He again asked me, "Is it for Allah's sake?'' I replied, "Yes, it is for Allah's sake.'' Then he took hold of my cloak, drew me to himself and said, "Rejoice,! I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, `Allah, the Exalted, says: My love is due to those who love one another for My sake, meet one another for My sake, visit one another for My sake and spend in charity for My sake" (Malik)

May Allah SWT accept this blog from me as an example of loving one another, meeting one another, and visting one another for His sake, Ameen.

4 comments:

  1. Aasalam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh SubhanAllah what an awesome way to start a blog! I will be checking in to see what's on your mind InshaAllah. Jazak Allah Khair... Wasalam ~ Nusseyba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu aleykum wa rahmatulla wa barakatuh

    Alhamdulillah! Very nice. Jazak Allah khair for inviting me to join. :)

    Allah hafiz,
    Tahira (Lilac)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah,
    Its been a long time!!BarakAllafik for remembering me. Loking frorward to reading your future blogs.
    masalaam.
    Sajida(TrueMu'min)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalaamu alaikum warmatulahi wabarakatu hey I'm late to the party. Muslims unite ;)

    ReplyDelete